Monday, July 27, 2009

WEEK 7 - I MAKE MYSELF AT HOME

I live in Denver, Colorado with my human, Kevin, and his cousin, Sue. There are two other dogs here. Cassidy is a Black Labrador mix, and though she isn't old, she is a big ol' grouch and doesn't want anything to do with me. Her loss! Kody, on the other hand, is a very friendly little red dog (probably some sort of Pomeranian mix.) He's more hospitable than Cass is and plays with me sometimes, but mostly he is nervous around me and doesn't know exactly what to expect from me. Then there is a black and white cat here named Quigly who won't be sociable but does watch me from on top of every high piece of furniture in the house...CHICKEN! LOL!

I often go to my grandma's (Kevin's Mom's) house, and there are two dogs there. Mia, a Poodle, is just as grouchy as Cass, but CeeCee is a puppy just a little bit older than me. The problem is, she is a Chihuahua and very very fast, and I often stumble over my own feet trying to keep up with her. There is a cat here, too, a big white one named Elvis, who I understand is named after some famous human male who can put human females into heat with just the sound of his howling...what they call singing. Anyway, this cat is cool and will play with CeeCee and me sometimes.

I'm getting the idea that Kevin doesn't want me to do my business inside any house, though I don't see why. Still, when I forget it seems to make him mad _ I get yelled at. But when I do it outside, it makes him happy and I get scratched behind my ears, which I find strangely pleasurable. So I try to remember to ask to go out, but sometimes I still forget, or I wait till it's too late and I pee on the way out. But I know I'll get the hang of it sooner than later.

All in all I could get used to this. I'm liking the free food, the ear-scratches and body-rubs for no apparent rerason, etc. There are treats and lots of things to chew on (note to self: chew on toys, not on shoes, and don't bite human hands even in affection or play!) I can sleep when I want, play when I want, eat when I want...who wouldn't like this life?!

No comments:

Post a Comment