Thursday, August 27, 2009

WEEK 12 - MY LIFE AT FLOOR-LEVEL

As a small puppy, like me, you live your entire life at floor level. I already talked about how the cat, Quigley, can walk the perimeter of Auntie Sue's house without ever touching the ground, going from furniture to furniture, etc. I can't play with him when he does that. But there are other issues of being so small as well.

I've been stepped on more than once. Oh, no one ever means to, but I'm so close to the ground that sometimes people don't see me. They turn, I try to predict which way they are going to go, they try to step to avoid me and before you know it I've zigged and they've zagged and it is altogether the perfect timing for their heel to come down on my toe or something.

Also, there are all sorts of wonderful smells coming from higher up, especially in Grandma's kitchen. No one ever lets me have any of whatever smells so good - I'm still just a puppy and can't afford to fill up on nutrition-scarce human food - but boy I'd sure love to have some if I can ever get my teeth on it!

Finally, the biggest drawback of living on the floor is I'm still too little to jump up onto furniture yet, so when playing, all CeeCee or Kody need to do to tease me is to hop up on the furniture and taunt me while I hop and bark and try to get to them. Kevin, my human, says one day that won't work for them, I'll be big enough to jump up or even to reach them without needing to jump up on the furniture. I look forward to that day >evil grin<.

The benefits of living on the floor are that it is cooler down here, all my toys are down here, and it's a wonderful place to just collapse and take a nap with my best buddy Kody. I also like to curl up against Kevin's feet while he is working at the computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment